As a reminder beforehand: I'll be only watching the ToC, so I just want to keep rumors open and see what comes true.
Looking at the many aggro decks that get posted here, it almost feels there is a metagame shift towards more creature decks. It is not verified by anything save my personal feeling (and hope) reading this board, but I feel that the upcoming ToC5 will feature a good deal of aggro.
My predictions, a bone-and-marrow deep analysis of the upcoming metagame:
1. Suicide is going to make an appearance for sure and in multiples, with Null Rods, or as FleshReaver variants, presumably also with some anti-Abyss tech. In Black, a Krovikan Horror/ Nether Shadow-deck with Jinxed Idol as a kill card will cream any random Keeper w/o Oath.
2. Oh well, Sligh... It's always been there, it'll never fail to be there. And: I see a Blood Moon rising.
3. Enchantress will be played, if not by CooberP, then by someone else. I predict that Parfait will fall out of favour in favour of its spawn. A family reunion can be expected, with the Uncle and Aunt of Parfait (TaxRack-WW + plain WW) coming back from a long journey around the circle sea. Parfait's distant cousin (CounterPost) is presumed trapped in a Thawing Glacier.
4. R/U is a force not to forget. Dwarven Miners will plough through the Ice with Fire, and Lands are going to go to the Wastes in masses.
5. Mono-U, aka OphiDrain, will fall out of player's favour because it has not enough style, and absolutely lacks card drawing (Ophidians) against the all-prevalent Fire/Ice and Bolts. Standstill will be WW's bane.
6. What's left?
Oh, whenever you see a Badlands, look out for the mighty Sedge Troll, backed up with the extremely stylish Lim-Dûl's Paladin! Contestors, beware!
Yeah, the other load of Aggro (Stacker, Tubbies, (R)OSE) will be there. But since they lack creativity, they won't see much play, as well as Keeper, which will only make up less than 10 % of the field due to it's lack of valiant creature removal against the slaughtering onrush.
7. Last and least: Keeper. C'mon, Abyss, Balance, Edict, Fire, Swords, Moat and Powder Keg are never ever going to handle all those mighty beasts in single copies. Aura Fracture and Seals will see play for Null Rods, Blood Moon and BtB.
I tell you what: Don't stay awake too long.
You forgot my brilliant metagame choice (although I think I am overmetagaming slightly).
Lesse. Lots of aggro. Relatively few control deck as compared to the othet ToC's.....combo?
I know the metagame exactly
Shut up, Show-off o-P
my deck isn't there :P
I believe 100% of the field will show up with mountain goat decks. You will FEAR the goat.
Ah, but not everyone will have my newest innovation, Dark TurboGoat!
With Control Magic tech so I really can get everyone's goat!
i have secret anti-goat tech in my sideboard, hahaha i have prepared for you I am running a single s/b Camel!
Redman, that was amazing. The only problem is that your deck will lose to the even more metagamed RDTG.
Yeah, but I'm playing GBS (Goat bullshit), which has 15 SB cards devoted to the mirror.
Oh yeah, and GBS can also mean Good Beats, there's no denying it's superiourity now!
Bah, CamelGeddon will defeat you all with it's Healing Wind secret tech!
Always remember to play your Unnatural Selections as to not die to this extremely powerful 5 mana sorcery from Tempest.
Here are the accurate predictions:
I apologize to all the people who are very serious about this, becuase I might just change the metagame just by my predictions, because I'm probably right:
6-8 Keeper, 2 WW, 3-4 Sligh/SRB, 1 Combo (if they are stupid), 1-2 blue based aggro decks, 1 Ophidian deck, 1 R/u Legend deck 3-4 Suicide black , 1 Enchantress, 1-2 horrible G/R metagame decks that always suck, 1-2 G/W metagame decks that always suck, 1-2 Stacker, 2-3 Zoo, 2-3 random aggro decks, and Hopefully some Nether Void, but I wouldn't count on it.
I predict that Doomsday will make Top 4 then lose to a hate deck ;)
If Dozer's prediction is correct then I'll most likely get my ass handed to me this time around.
But if Smmnemen (sorry bout spelling) is correct, this could be interesting....hmm....
Well you can count on me to pilot something crazy. First PT Funk, then LandStall, then Underworld Dreams. From the Mouth of Matt comes...something.
I have a new dress that I will want to show off at the ball! And of the three styles so far, I like the "classic" one best.
We will see. Oh yes, we will see.
With a metagame like this, I'm dead certain that the finals will boil down to sligh beating SuperTurboMiracleGrow to take tha cake
Superman, I'm probably the only type one bdominia regular who gets that reference. Not enough of us here play extended.
How much nonbasic land hate should we expect? I have two maindeck metagame slots. Aura Fracture MD?
I think you should expect everyone to be packing 4 Blood Moon, 4 Back to Basics, 4 Primal Order, 4 Wasteland and 4 Price of Progress, even if they ARE running all non-basic land themselves :
my poor mouthless smiley on the last post
Primal Order, um, sucks.
If I have the chance to play, you can be sure there will be at least one TurboLich
Just not sure if I have the chance to play...
you didn't mention either combo or a deck like ThePatriot. O_o_O